Monday, March 8, 2010

The Purpose of this Blog

I've been contemplating for weeks now on how I can become a published writer (for magazines and broadsheets) considering that I have no experience on writing except for book reviews and required essays during my college years.

Why write now, you ask, after 8 long years since graduating from college?

My main reason is for extra income. I'm a contributing photographer for various magazines and broadsheets and after my shoots and editing are done, I still have some free time on my hands. Obviously, this was more opportunity for me to earn so it was a matter of research and deciding on what to do. Writing seemed the best option as I'm always with writers during my shoots and it requires no monetary investment to start. It just made really good sense to me.

My second reason is that I want to improve on whatever writing skills I may have. Shooting (photos) professionally doesn't really require any writing, except for the occasional profile and project proposals. I want to sharpen my mind, so to speak, through writing.

And through this blog, I hope to chronicle my journey from a zero experience writer to a published and, hopefully, paid writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment