I love Glee. I’ve been watching it over and over on DVD and I never get tired of it. I’m genuinely happy whenever I watch it. I love how the characters just belt out in song to express what they feel or what they want to say. I empathize with the characters through their songs and the intensity of their singing makes the message, and the emotions, even more palpable. I wish I could sing like them, even if just to express how I feel.
I’ve known for quite a while now (almost my entire life, really) that I’m not very talented when it comes to singing. I think I’m tone deaf which makes me unable to carry a tune. I can’t even sing along with the radio or my iPod when I’m alone because of the embarrassment of not hitting a single correct note. That’s a lot of pent up emotions if I consider singing as my only outlet.
That’s the reason why I want every piece I write BE my song. I want people to read what I write and understand what I want to say and feel what I feel. I want them to relate with my writing the same way that they relate with a particular song. I believe that I can be a more effective writer this way.
Here’s to more “singing” in the days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment